There’s hot chocolate and there’s decadent hot chocolate. This is decadence in a warm cup of bliss! Chai Masala Hot Cocoa is a blend of Nature Therapy Chai Masala – hand pounded Ayurvedic spices to help soothe the digestive system and nourish the body from within with its warming properties – and artisanal cacao from Toska Chocolates. The spices notes of cardamom, cinnamon, pepper, nutmeg, mace, star anise… all forms of wonderful and warming and soothing.
For this decadent cup, we add a few bits of chopped dark chocolate, along with vanilla bean, and topped with a dollop of whipped cream and desired garnishes.
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tbsp Chai Masala Hot Cocoa
- 20g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cm vanilla pod, split
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon stick
- Sugar stick
- Orange slice
- Warm milk on the stove top with the chocolate blend, dark chocolate and split vanilla pods and stir to combine
- Continue to simmer for at least 10 minutes, or until chocolate has melted and reach your desired ‘hotness’
- Fish out the vanilla bean pods and discard
- Pour the milk into your serving cup
- Garnish with a dollop of cream and desired toppings