Using the Calming Brew as infusion
For cocktails, mocktails, lemonade and ice teas
This delicate Calming Brew is truly multipurpose. We have had so far, a warm tea, a cold iced tea, a honey and olive oil cake, a calming milk latte… so now we bring out the good stuff. A cordial! Made with honey (so a healthier option), and delicate flavours of lavender and chamomile this cordial is one that will blow your and your drinker’s mind!
This is essentially a syrup, that you can have on ice as is, or added to sparkling water or soda, or even better, a few swirls into a classic G+T or Old Fashioned.
This syrup stays well for a long period of time, refrigerated.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp Calming Brew
- Place all the ingredients together in a medium sauce pan and gently simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring every few minutes
- It can come to a boil without worry
- Strain the syrup and store in a glass bottle
How to use:
- Serve as is, with ice cubes too cool down with after a hot day
- Serve with ice cubes and soda water
- Serve with ice cubes, a good Scotch and a few drops of orange bitter
- Add into Gin + Tonic or an Old Fashioned
Recipe developed by Kitchen Therapy