By Bhumika Udernani, Lime and Lettuce
A few months ago, we sent out our Plum + Roses Brew to a group of home bakers and cooks, passionate foodies and professional chefs and raised them to the #NTChallenge – create a recipe using the brew – no restrictions!
Bhumika is well known for her innovative salads and healthy creations and I knew she would do something innovative and creative with the brew. And boy, did she deliver!
Here is Bhumika’s recipe for Tea Infused Sticky Chicken:
TIME: 20 mins
- 250 g boneless chicken
- 1 tbsp Nature Therapy's Plum & Roses Brew
- 1 cup water
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- I tbsp honey
- cornflour (for slurry)
- sesame seeds for garnish
- In a saucepan, add Nature Therapy’s Plum + Roses Brew to water, bring it to a boil and let it simmer for 3-4 mins.
- Once done, strain the tea, add honey to it and mix till well combined.
- In a wok, add olive oil, sauté the garlic and add the chicken pieces, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Once the chicken is almost done, add the tea and honey mixture to the chicken.
- Simmer for 10 mins, to let the chicken absorb all the flavours.
- Add a spoonful of cornflour slurry to thicken the sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with rice.
- The result is sweet sticky chicken with unique floral notes from the tea. A must try!
Bhumika is a beautiful spiritual soul who introduced me to Buddhism and chanting – an enhancing addition to my #self-care routine. Her full-time work involves content writing for varied clients in different industries, and for passion, she writes and creates healthy recipes at lime and lettuce. Her profile is a beautiful and inspirational one, with delicious salads, soups, and other creations!
Follow her on Instagram here:@limeandlettuce