by Roohanshi Patel
A few months ago, we sent out our Plum + Roses Brew to a group of home bakers and cooks, passionate foodies and professional chefs and raised them to the #NTChallenge – create a recipe using the brew – no restrictions!
Roohanshi is a food blogger and home baker, makes a mean cheesecake and knows her way around desserts.
Here is Roohanshi’s note and recipe for the cake:
This beautiful cake is infused with Plum and Roses Brew. The flavour is so unique that you'll keep going in for one more spoon. You can have it without the topping as a sponge cake too because it's just too tempting either way!
- 220 g Plum & Roses Brew Infused Buttermilk
- 60 g oil
- 130 g sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 30 g almond flour
- 150 g all purpose
- Garnish: Rose Shrikhand, Pistachio, Plum & Rose Petals
- In a bowl add infused buttermilk, oil and sugar. Beat for 3-4 minutes. Then sift in all the dry ingredients and fold it in slowly.
- Pour the batter in a greased 8*8 inch pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean. Let it completely cool down.
- You can garnish with rose shrikhand, chopped pistachio, plums and rose petals. And that's your ultimate dessert.
How to infuse buttermilk:
Take 220 g buttermilk and add two spoons of plum and roses brew from @naturetherapyindia . Let it rest in the fridge overnight and strain the buttermilk before using.
Roohanshi was a finance graduate who stumbled upon baking & fell in love with it! She started by sharing healthy recipes of salads & meals @la.petite.boulangerie and later began Kefi to send over my desserts to people with sweet tooth!
She makes a brilliant chili garlic oil that you can place an order for, along with cinnamon buns, biscottis and cakes!
Follow Roohanshi on Instagram @_la.petite.boulangerie_