By Erica Dsouza Tarapore, Erresistible
A few months ago, we sent out our Plum + Roses Brew to a group of home bakers and cooks, passionate foodies and professional chefs and raised them to the #NTChallenge – create a recipe using the brew with no bounds, restrictions or requirements.
Erica is a young passionate baker, with an enviable grip on the best pastry crust, all kinds of desserts, sorbets and ice cream. She’s shared a beautiful creation dipping tiramisu lady fingers into the tea in place of coffee, and added delightful summer stone fruits – perfect for a summer brunch, poolside lounging or a dinner party! She’s shared some beautiful words for our brew along with the Summer Fruit Tiramisu recipe:
I was super excited to experiment with Nature Therapy’s Plum + Rose Brew even before I received the package. One whiff of this marvelous tea mix and I instantly knew what I wanted to create with it. To summarize the flavor and fragrance is like catching hold of summer and packing it up. The use of real fruit like peaches plums cherries along with rose and cacao is most definitely worth a try as a cold or Hot Brew on a warm summer day. I came up with this refreshing recipe as everything complements each other in flavor and why should only coffee have all the fun in a Tiramisu!!
- Nature Therapy Plum + Roses Brew
- Italian lady finger biscuits
- Choice of fruits: peaches, cherries, apricots
- Mascarpone cheese
- Whipped cream
- Icing sugar (omit this if you are using nondairy cream)
- Start by brewing Plum+ Roses Brew in hot water for about 10 minutes. You want the brew to be strong and fragrant. Now strain it and pour the tea in a bowl
- Next dip every lady finger biscuit in the semi hot tea both sides and spread them all out on a plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Chop all the fruits of your choice and mix them together.
- In a clean bowl start whipping your cream with 2 tbsp of icing sugar until it forms stiff peaks (omit the sugar if its non-dairy cream)
- Then add in the vanilla extract, mascarpone cheese and whip it all together
- Transfer it to a piping bag for a cleaner and better looking assembly
- I’ve used margarita glasses you can use anything you prefer like a serving dish or individual dessert bowls
- Let’s start layering, first place your soaked lady fingers then the chopped fruits followed by the mascarpone cream and then repeat the three layers again
- Top it off with some mascarpone cream, fresh cherries and serve it chilled
See more of Erica’s delightful + delicious creations to order from at:
(psst… her brownies are our team’s favourite!)